Me myself and I!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Hey! I'm Kara! Former design student (hints the post about design and drawing) I recently have taken an interest in photography so enjoy!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pencil Box

Make a pencil box using paper and adhesive.

1st Attempt
Usually when you think of a pencil box you think of something square or rectangular or even cylinder shape, well I wanted to think outside the box and create something different. Something that doesn't have clean cut lines and straight edges. I wanted to go for a messy abstract look because it was different from everyone else and plus my desk is messy most of the time so I figured I would go with it. I started out with paper ribbon that I found in a yard sale last year and has been sitting in my closet waiting to be use for something. Well Tada! the time has come! I braided the ribbon and then hot glued it together on top of some mat board that was also covered in paper ribbon. The outlook was satisfying, but the glue showed too much and it was still too "clean" looking. So for my 2nd one I constructed it a different way. I still braided the paper ribbon, but instead of glue I just wove pieces of ribbon through the braids to pull it together. I think the "messy look" was achieved in the end.

2nd/Final attempt

No comments: