Me myself and I!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Hey! I'm Kara! Former design student (hints the post about design and drawing) I recently have taken an interest in photography so enjoy!

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Buildings



Magistrates' Court holds an interesting shape to it. It's very old timey looking and I love to look at old buildings and see the procession that has been made by architecture today.








The Black Friar
is kind of run down looking, but I like it for some reason. I can see myself fixing a building like this up and renting it out a small apartment of some sort.




1 Poultry is a little much for me. You have this already weird building structure and then to add to it you have horizontal stripes all the way around and up and down. No thank you, not for me.




The Gehry TowerI love how this building is so out of place with it's rotated side. I know if i was walking down the street and saw this building I would stop and take in the uniqueness of it in.




The Walt Disney Concert Hall. My first word when I saw this building ..."wow." There is not a single thing I would change about this building. The architecture's amazing, the lighting is perfect, and the amount of creativity definitely shows. Bravo!






The John Hancock building is also very beautiful. I think I like it because it's beams that go up the side of it remind me of a big water tower or something. It's definitely a site I want to see in person.






I think this building is called the Green Building, but I couldn't resist putting in it on here because it's one of the few building that has color and looks like some creativity was incorporated into the design of it.





St. George's Hall is an absolutely beautiful building. It reminds me of a cake in the night with the top part lighting up like frosting on a cake.







Empire State Building. How could you not LOVE this building. It's the tallest building I know I have ever seen and the view from the top is amazing. However, I do feel like it might be a little plain and might need some what of a creative boost from the 21st century.





The Lamborghini Building caught my eye because number 1 THERE'S A CAR ON THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING! Number 2, you usually don't see building shaped like that and I thought it was really interesting. I wonder why they chose that shape? Number 3, THE CAR ROTATES FROM THE OUTSIDE TO THE INSIDE!

No comments: