Me myself and I!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Hey! I'm Kara! Former design student (hints the post about design and drawing) I recently have taken an interest in photography so enjoy!

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sustainable Design

I'll just start off by saying that all of these pieces are amazing and I'll probably be repeating myself a lot




This color is so vibrant and full of life! I love this bed! Although, I don't think I would wanna sleep in it. It doesn't look to comfy.






However, I could see myself taking a couple of naps in this chair. I'd rest peacefully knowing that I'm helping the earth because I bought the chair that's made from natural resources.





I would probably put this chair in my living room (if i had one that is) It'd be perfect for a formal setting in a room.





This sofa I do believe would be going in front of the TV along with the recliner so I could take naps on both of them after an a crazy day at the studio...It looks so comfy and cozy! LOVE IT!





This chairs are so cool! They're very neat and abstract. I could see these chairs in a funcky living room or out on a screened in porch.









This two chairs to me are kind of plain and boring, but they're saving the earth so that makes them AMAZING!




This chair...will be going on my back porch overlooking the mountains one day. It has that red that will pop and that texture that make you wanna sit down and enjoy life.




Again, I love this bed, but it doesn't look comfortable to me and thats a very important quality for me when it comes to me and beds. If you haven't noticed already by the nap comments, I like to sleep.






From looking around online and reading articles I have summed up what sustainable design means to me. It's designing something that will be able to be environment friendly and will be preserving what we have left on this earth. Some have called it "Green Design" which if I must say would be a proper name for it considering it's all for the cause.

Sustainable Furnature

No comments: